Friday, June 6, 2008

Independent Service Experience

June 2, 2008


Independent Service Experience

My Independent Service was a fun and learning experience. Being though a lot of my family members have businesses, jobs that I can volunteer at or are block captains of their blocks this was very easy and at the same time fun. My first 3 hours came from helping Mrs. Klose clean her classroom. During this time I just went around her classroom and pick up trash off the tables and floors. The 8 hours came from babysitting my cousin's children went she had her baby. This was a very unforgettable experience because I was there when her water broke and I aided her until the ambulance arrived. About 5 days after my cousin baby she had a spring-clean up on her block, being though she is block captain. I decided that this would be another great opportunity for me to get service learning hours, so I helped clean up with her and her neighbors. At this cleaning day, I was in charge of getting all they trash up and bagging it. This one experience was especially good because I felt as though I was keeping the community safe and clean. this also gave me 4 hours of community service hours. Overall this experience was a fun and unforgettable.

No comments: